Friday, March 20, 2009

Manifest Destiny Journal

June 1, 1869
We finally make it to the West. Even though we faced a lot of hardship, we still made it here. We came to the West because come of us were looking for a homestead, husband or new opportunities. I came to the West for new opportunities. I found a job as a priest. I remember, a few days ago, a sweet couple were getting married but when the bride was was going to say " I do" she died of a disease. The poor husband was left alone.
We faced a lot of different hardships. The space in the wagon was limited, there were a lot of different diseases, children fell out of the wagons, and Indians were attacking. On my way to the West, the space of the wagon I was on, had limited space. I was being squeezed inside. When me and this other woman was fighting for the space in the wagon, she accidently pushed me out. It was very dangerous, I almost got ran over by the wagon, but good thing I wasn't hurt.
When I got to the West, I found a job as a priest at a church. I think we made a lot of things that would stay forever. For example, I think we would leave behind, schools, churches, libraries, and maybe more. I'm glad that I traveled here for a new opportunity even though it was hard and tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment